Today when troubleshooting Activesync problems with an Exchange 2007 environment I decided to delete en re-create the Exchange Activesync virtual directory. I used the following steps :
- get-activesyncvirtualdirectory (verify you Activesync virtual directory)
- remove-activesyncvirtualdirectory -identity “Microsoft-Server-Activesync (Default Web Site)” (remove the Activesync virtual directory)
- get-activesyncvirtualdirectory (verify the virtual directory is now gone)
- New-ActiveSyncVirtualDirectory -WebSiteName “Default Web Site” (re-create the virtual directory)
get-activesyncvirtualdirectory (verify it has been re-created)
This is often a clean and fast solution when several options has been altered for troubleshooting for example.