Daily Archives: June 17, 2013


Exchange 2003/2010 cross forest routing problem solved

For a customer I ran into a strange problem. While doing a cross forest mailbox migration I noticed that mails were queuing up and were not delivered. It took some troubleshooting untill I found the solution. First I noticed that newly created users received email for several domains without any problems. Migrated users didn’t receive any external email.

I opened the user’s properties with ADSIEDIT and I noticed the old email addresses on the targetaddress field. I decided to delete the values and re-register those email addresses using the Exchange console. The user concerned received external email immediately .

adsi001

Because it’s a cross forest migration we are using ADMT for the user migration. It’s possible to exclude this value and doing so will prohibit to these old values being migrated to the new domain.

adsi002


Exchange 2010 move database error WMI exception occurred..

Today I tried to move a database to a different drive and I ran into the following problem :

PF_error

After some investigation I noticed a large amount of log files. After enabling circular logging and dismount and mounting the database everything went fine! Disable circular logging afterwards and make sure your backup solution is running working and flushes the logfiles correctly.