Today a customer ran into a problem with SCCM 2012 R2. Clients didn’t get online and packages didn’t get distributed. After some investigationn I found the following problem internal Server error. As you probably know SCCM 2012 clients use HTTP or HTTPS (internet, PKI) to communicate with the SCCM server. This is how you can test this :
Test with the following urls in you browser :
You should receive a return with your SCCM server name and capabilities etc.
I didn’t and after some investigating I decided to reset the SCCM site. This is how you do that :
First open Configuration Manager Setup by installed programs (not starting the setup from the DVD!)
Choose the perform site maintenance or reset this site
Choose reset site with no configuration changes.
Now wait for 15 minutes and after that try it again. It can take some time before everything is set and up and running again.