Solved : All Exchange 2010 services disabled after update


Today I ran into a problem after updating Exchange 2010. After a reboot (which took ages!) I noticed that all the services were disabled. After some troubleshooting I found out that the problem had something to do with an installed update. My resolution (and was planned) was to install the latest servicepack (SP3). There is one drawback, the services are disabled and Exchange SP3 setup is unable to stop/start them.

I used this powershell command to set the service to manual :


During the install I had to execute this command 2 times, the SP3 setup worked fine and after that the services were automatically started.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.