As some of you might already know, BDRSuite (Vembu) is the proud sponsor of vWorld.nl. I use BDRSuite to back up my test environment, and I must say, I’m extremely satisfied with its performance. That’s why I’m particularly excited to share with you the latest developments from BDRSuite.
BDRSuite has always been at the forefront of the backup and disaster recovery world. With the introduction of the v7.0.0 Release Candidate, they’re taking another significant leap forward.
What is BDRSuite?
For those unfamiliar with BDRSuite, it’s a comprehensive backup & disaster recovery software designed to safeguard data across various platforms:
- Virtual: VMware, Hyper-V, KVM
- Server: Windows, Linux, FileShare/NAS
- Endpoints: Windows, Linux, Mac
- Cloud: AWS, Azure
- SaaS: Microsoft 365, Google Workspace
- Applications & Databases: Microsoft Exchange Server, SQL Server, SharePoint, MySQL
What’s New in v7.0.0 Release Candidate?
This release candidate introduces a slew of new features and enhancements:
- KVM Backup and Recovery: BDRSuite now offers agentless backup for KVM virtual machines, fully integrated with the KVM Hypervisor. This includes changed block tracking, automated scheduling, flexible recovery options, and compatibility with various backup storage targets. Learn More
- Azure Backup and Recovery: BDRSuite now supports agentless backup for Azure virtual machines using Azure Native APIs. This encompasses incremental backups, automated scheduling, flexible recovery options, and extensive backup storage target compatibility. Learn More
- AWS Backup and Recovery: Automated snapshots of EC2 instances were supported for backups in the previous version. This release extends this capability by allowing backups to be stored locally or in the cloud, supporting multiple recovery options. Learn More
Important: This release candidate is exclusively for fresh installations. It is incompatible with existing installations and should not be overlaid on them.
For a detailed guide on installing and utilizing the new modules and enhancements, I recommend checking out BDRSuite’s official user documentation.
Diving Deeper: Key Features
- Seamless Integration with KVM: BDRSuite effortlessly integrates with the KVM hypervisor, ensuring efficient backup and restore operations.
- Azure VM Backup & Recovery: With BDRSuite, safeguarding your Azure VMs has never been easier. Whether you opt for automated snapshots within the Azure cloud or prefer using Azure APIs for agentless backups, BDRSuite has got you covered.
- Management of Azure VM Backups: From snapshot retention and centralized management to comprehensive reporting and email notifications, BDRSuite ensures you’re always in the loop about your backup and recovery tasks.
BDRSuite v7.0.0 RC Download Link:
BDRSuite v7.0.0 RC is now ready for download and is now live on BDRSuite’s official website – Download BDRSuite v7.0.0 RC
For additional information and in-depth insights into the v7.0.0 RC, please refer to the following resources:
- Release Notes: https://www.bdrsuite.com/bdrsuite-v7-0-0-release-candidate/
- Release Blog: https://www.bdrsuite.com/blog/bdrsuite-v7-0-0-release-candidate-is-available-now/
In conclusion, BDRSuite v7.0.0 Release Candidate is not just an upgrade; it’s a testament to their commitment to providing the best backup and disaster recovery solutions in the industry. I invite you to experience the future of data protection with me. However, I’d advise testing it in a test environment first, as in-place upgrades are not supported.