Endpoint backup is vital in any IT infrastructure and is crucial for protecting against data loss from hardware failures, malware attacks, and insider threats. These threats, often caused by malicious, careless, or former employees, pose a growing risk to organizational cybersecurity.
The Risk of Insider Threats
Insider threats account for a significant portion of data breaches. These threats range from intentional actions by malicious employees to unintentional errors by careless employees or access by former employees to sensitive data.
Basics of Endpoint Backup
An effective endpoint backup solution, like BDRSuite, provides regular, secure data backups on laptops and desktops. This solution protects critical files and information against accidental deletion, hardware failure, theft, and other risks.
Technical Considerations of Endpoint Backup with BDRSuite
BDRSuite is a cost-effective solution that secures crucial data on laptops and desktops – Windows, Linux, and Mac. It offers automatic and scheduled backups, versioning, and encryption for data integrity and security. In case of data loss or system failure, the software allows quick and efficient data recovery, minimizing downtime and enhancing business continuity.
Advanced Features of BDRSuite
- Disk Image Backup: Backup the entire disk or individual files/folders from Windows, Linux, and Mac endpoints.
- Host Management: Easily add multiple hosts with CSV file import and AD/LDAP options.
- File Exclusion: Exclude specific files/folders using standard and advanced filters.
- Continuous Data Protection: Near-continuous data protection with less than 15 minutes Recovery Point Objective (RPO) and Recovery Time Objective (RTO).
- Flexible Scheduling: Backup scheduling options ranging from every few minutes to monthly.
- Synthetic Full Backups: Reduce time and network bandwidth usage by creating synthetic full backups in the repository.
Endpoint Recovery Options with BDRSuite
- VM-based Recovery: Instantly restore the endpoint as a VM on VMware, Hyper-V, and KVM.
- Granular Recovery: Restore files/folders with the same permissions to the original or another location.
- Data Recovery and Migration: Recover and attach endpoint disks on the backup server for immediate data access. Download endpoint data in multiple virtual formats for migration.
Advanced Data Security for Endpoints
BDRSuite’s proprietary filesystem, VembuHIVE, offers a secure and reliable way to store backup data.
Best Practices for Endpoint Backup
- Data Classification and DLP Systems: Identify and protect sensitive data with a data classification scheme and implement a Data Loss Prevention (DLP) system.
- Securing Endpoint Devices: Secure endpoint devices with strong passwords, antivirus software, and other security measures.
Case Studies or Examples
- Recovery from Ransomware Attack: An organization quickly recovered its data without ransom, thanks to recent backups from BDRSuite.
- Accidental File Deletion: An employee successfully recovered accidentally deleted critical files using BDRSuite’s file-level backup.
- Protection Against Former Employees: An organization prevented potential data breaches by quickly identifying and restoring access points with BDRSuite’s backups.
Endpoint backup is essential for preventing insider threats. With regular backups of endpoint devices, organizations can recover from data loss in case of an incident. BDRSuite offers a powerful solution for endpoint backup, helping organizations protect their data against insider threats.